Although it is bit too late, anyway I decided to write about the one of biggest event we did at our faculty, which too place on 27th of September. This was one of the events we conducted to mark the opening of our new faculty premises. It was an academia type of gathering for students both past and present and the staff to listen to distinguish personalties of the IT industry in Sri Lanka on the theme of “Graduation, Entrepreneurship & Success” and many representatives of the IT industry were also invited to be a part of that evening.
- To create a culture of entrepreneurship among the students.
- To learn through the experience of nationally recognized entrepreneurs.
- To provide an opportunity for the students to interact with the industry leaders.
- To create awareness among the corporate community about the Faculty of IT.
- To broaden the knowledge of students on new trends in the IT industry.
There was a panel discussion with Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana – CEO & Chairman of WSO2, Mr. W. K. H. Wegapitiya – Chairman of Laughfs Holdings (Pvt) Ltd, Mr. Harsha Purasinghe – CEO of Microimage (Pvt) Ltd, Mr. Mohamed Azmeer – CEO of ConceptNursery and Mr. Ramesh Shanmuganathan – Chief Information Officer of John Keells Holdings (Pvt) Ltd and the discussion was moderated by Mr. Peter D’Almeida – Managing Director/Chief Executive of N*able (Pvt) Ltd.
For the event IFS and HP became the gold sponsors, WSO2 became the sliver sponsor, BOC, People’s Bank, Virtusa and Interblocks was the co-sponsors. Digital media partner was the Channel 1 MTV and Printed media partner was ANCL.
I’m happy to say that with all our untiring and collective effort we managed to hold it successfully.